www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:15 pm 

Ron80 wrote:
1958 Ford Fairlane 500 police car with the 332 CI Police Inteceptor engine in it. Two tone Blue and would top out at around 135 MPH.

Ron

Cool car Ron, is the 332 a Y block?

Post subject: What was your 1st car?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:24 pm 

Well in high school I had a 74 chevy truck (p.o.s.), 77 vw bus fun but slowww, 77 Pontiac Phoenix (very sharp nice car-got totaled). But that led to a 73 Mustang Grande 351C 2V fmx 2.73 gears. Pretty nice car once I went thru the brakes and rebuilt the engine. This was my first engine rebuild and my first Cleveland. I re-ringed it, put in a crane hi-intensity (280/288, .506"/.519") cam and lifters, Holley street dominator intake, rebuilt a 600 Holley, a used set of headers for $20, and a set of 3.70 gears. I only had $500 in the engine because I did it all myself, and I outran a lot of chevys and mopars. That was 30 years ago and I've been hooked on clevelands ever since.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 am 

No, it was the first of the FEs and it dripped oil so I guess they were made to do that. I have never had one that didn't and Im have never been able to stop it.

Ron

Zrob90sc wrote:
Ron80 wrote:
1958 Ford Fairlane 500 police car with the 332 CI Police Inteceptor engine in it. Two tone Blue and would top out at around 135 MPH.

Ron

Cool car Ron, is the 332 a Y block?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm 

Cool stuff posted so far!
I'm thinking next year of taking a step back from the racing stuff and maybe putting my 1st car back on the road. Antique tags/Grundy insurance = low $$ fun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:39 am 

Sorry to resurrect a long dead thread, if that's frowned on here let me know and I'll be more cautious.

I learned to drive on my mom's 72 Chevelle, 350 2bbl with a bench seat. Which I considered 'mine' because I was a rotten child.

My first car was a 72 mach1. I regretted selling it so I got a 71 a few weeks back and here I am. I've hunted around for the Chevelle now and again but haven't had any luck.

I did all the dumb kid stuff with the mach1. Stripped out anything heavy with whatever tools I could lay my hands on.

Took a lot of poor advice from the stacks of car mags I had and from late night bench racing sessions with other clueless kids and probably got less performance out of the mods I made on it than I had with the original 2V smog Cleveland in it.

Had pretty much everything apart at some point either because I broke it and had to fix it or because I thought I could make it 'better.'

The only thing I had going for me as far as mechanical aptitude was dumb kid fearlessness. You know, in hindsight. At the time I was a mechanical god in my head. I think everyone else thought I was a twit that talked about his car too much.

Wish me luck that I do a better job of it this time - or realize my shortcomings and let someone else do it right before I screw it up myself. ;)