www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:35 pm 

With the current Coronavirus situation, do you think the US is prepared more than other countries? Or do you think we're in for the long haul?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:28 pm 

Well first off if everyone that doesnt need to work or go out etc.. would keep themselves at home that would help. I deliver the fresh foods to 7/11 every night (milk,doughnuts, sandwiches, bread and pizza). I deliver at night and the highways are defiantly a lot clearer but people still just hang out with nothing to do at my stores. people take your ass home and stop spreading the virus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:45 am 

I don't feel that any country is prepared.

I think we're two weeks late on ramping up production and for instituting non-essential gathering and travel bans.

If people can isolate themselves it will slow to the point that the medical folks will be able to handle it, but if people keep ignoring it the system will be saturated and then it will get unimaginably bad.

It's assumed that we'll all get it, but if you get it from one person your symptoms will be milder than if you get it from a group of ten people.

So social distancing can work if enough people cooperate. The symptoms will be milder and it will spread less quickly so that the system isn't overloaded.

As a diabetic codger I am hunkering down and hope that when it gets to me it's mild enough that I get through it

From watching the John Hopkins map the mortality rate is beginning to look like it's approaching Spanish flu bad. And here's a good visual of why:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/ ... ison-chart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:43 am 

blykins wrote:
With the current Coronavirus situation, do you think the US is prepared more than other countries? Or do you think we're in for the long haul?

I think the whole world is in it for the long haul.

We have preparations in place, and the quarantining and social distancing is all stuff that will help. But the expense of doing that stuff is a big unknown.

But, IMO, I don't think this is going to run it's course and then just go away. Some of the predictions I'm seeing state that this virus is very quick to mutate. Those saying that are predicting, even with everything locked down like it is, we'll have a surge of new cases in late September because it will be a different strain of the virus.

Fortunately, it seems the medical and pharmaceutical industry has gone all hands on deck with this, so we're already seeing vaccines created and being tested on humans. Yeah, that's right, they skipped the typical animal testing stages. But we're still several months out from it being confirmed to work and the side effects, let alone putting it into mass production.

China thinks they supposedly have it nailed down, but if that's the case, why expel reporters from the area. A few snippets get out saying it's far from over, but the validity of those claims can't be verified.

Fortunately for me, I'm young and healthy enough that I likely won't lose my life over this. Those of you that aren't, I'd be extremely cautious right now. They say that the virus can live on surfaces for 3 days. So even if you have groceries/supplies delivered, they could still carry the virus, so you're not totally safe.