www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:50 pm 

Aussies are crazy :D
https://youtu.be/ZWiCdmRIVgY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:32 pm 

What, don't yous do skids over there Matt? :lol: Looking at some of the comments it's clear to see not every ones cup of tea. But hey different strokes for different folks :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:09 am 

I am surprised the tires didn't explode. Some person here took a factory original 1970 Hemi Cuda to one of those burn out contests which had no prize to win and basically totaled it. The rear tires exploded ripping off the rear quarter panels, one wheel jerked the axle out and it ripped a huge hole through what was left of the rear end sheet metal. So a car worth thousands wound up as basically junk.

Ron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 am 

Ron80 wrote:
I am surprised the tires didn't explode. Some person here took a factory original 1970 Hemi Cuda to one of those burn out contests which had no prize to win and basically totaled it. The rear tires exploded ripping off the rear quarter panels, one wheel jerked the axle out and it ripped a huge hole through what was left of the rear end sheet metal. So a car worth thousands wound up as basically junk.

Ron

It was fun though. :roll: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:04 am 

Fun for the spectators maybe :?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:28 am 

Like i said, i don’t mean it in the wrong way but I just don’t see the point of it but at the same time its kinda cool. If you listen closely, you can really hear the back tires wrinkling and folding when going into the turns. Those engines really take some abuse- wide open throttle under full boost for loooong periods of time :o

QuickXB your right, different strokes for different folks. I have never seen or heard of an actual event like you have. The only thing I have seen is when people do the BURN the tires off as quick as you can deal. Basically the vehicle is stationary and people see who can flatten a brand new set of tires.