www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:58 pm 

I have no real interest in ever messing around with an FE but have friends that have some that run quite well. I cruise the FE Forum just for general info and see you left. Just curious is all? Most forums seem to have people that run off other people. We all saw it with the 351C Forum and I have seen it on the Boss 302 Forum as well. Brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:05 pm 

Brian, I'm on there daily and try to help out as much as I can there. I counted 12 posts of mine on the front page.

There are a few bad apples there, as there are on every forum, but for the most part, the guys there are ok.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:06 pm 

blykins wrote:
Brian, I'm on there daily and try to help out as much as I can there. I counted 12 posts of mine on the front page.

There are a few bad apples there, as there are on every forum, but for the most part, the guys there are ok.

Good to hear Brent. I thought you were no longer participating on the FE Forum. My mistake. And yes every forum has those certain people.

Brian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:23 am 

Except for this one....

This forum seems to have about the best group of guys on it that I can think of. Just wish they would all post more. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:21 am 

I'm on the FE forum daily and a few years ago it got hijacked by some guys
that literally became so obnoxious that a lot of the older guys simply left and never returned.
It's sad that was allowed to happen but when you don't have an active moderator things get out of hand.
Guys complain about ":Chebby Guys" but there was no more obnoxious bunch than some of those that
were stirring up issues on the FE forum. It got to the point that I stopped even reading anything on it for months. It is much better now but will probably never be like it once was.
I like these old FE's but I like all the other stuff too. Building a Boss type 302 now, tearing down a 41 Flathead engine right now and will probably build it at some point.
Jay Brown's FE Power forum is really nice. No BS allowed and good discussions are encouraged. Jay patrols the forum and he will call people out it if need be but its never really needed because everyone knows the rules. I encourage you to check it out.
I've been on this forum for a long time and I have to say there has never been any personal attacks or other issues that I have seen. Everyone on here has been great. Just need to post more and get this place more active.
Rant over.

garyv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:57 am 

Brent, I would post more but I ran out of money to do stuff so now I have a second job and really dont have time to post lol... I agree it has been kinda stale mate here lately but we all have jobs and families to be with so sometimes the computer just has to wait.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:02 am 

I did take my Cougar to the track March 3rd. I was curious to how it was gonna react to all that floor repair and rear rails repair I did. I ran it hard but didnt give it everything. I only stalled it at 2500 instead of 3000 and short shifted 2nd to 3rd at 6000 instead of 6600. Strait off the trailer it ran a 7.41@93mph with a 1.71 60ft. Thing has always been in the 1.85-1.95 60ft range. As far as I could feel, It went as strait as before so next time will be the 1/4 mile.

P.S. The best 1/8 time before was a 7.38@95 but it took 4 runs to get there. Strait off the trailer it would run 7.5. Best 1/4 mile is 11.88@114 and my 1/8 time was a 7.6@92 with that run. ProSystems chart says that 7.4 run is a 11.5 1/4 mile. Not bad even though I really need a 4500-5000 stall to optimize the engines power band.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:18 pm 

You don't have to have a build going to talk.....

I agree that time is something we don't have a lot of though. Feel your pain there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:51 am 

The problem with ANY forum is the lack of face to face conversation. "People" see the written word in many ways. Things written innocently are often perceived differently and keyboard ''fights" break out , often over very silly little things. No ONE person knows it all and there lots of posers . I go on forums to "participate" not "preach". I learn allot DESPITE knowing allot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:40 pm 

I agree Randy, some guys are just to thin skinned and get offended over stupid stuff.
I read forums to try to learn. I'm smart enough to know when I don't know something and not to shy to ask for help.
There are guys on here that have been doing this for years and so I probably don't have a lot to add to the conversation sometimes.
Few times I've been talked down to because I didn't know something but there's always one in the crowd that has to make
himself feel important.
garyv