www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:52 pm 

They are half the price of the cranes, comps and harland sharps. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Roller-Rocker-Arms-1-8-Ratio-Fits-Ford-351C-351M-400-429-460/222824453772?hash=item33e15f568c:g:j1EAAOSwMxJb5YL3:sc:USPSPriority!29710!US!-1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:33 pm 

Elgin use to be good stuff, like General Kinetics cams company but i dont know how good they are now days. Their website is irritating though. I, myself just have a hard time not ordering from Summit or Brent. Ebay just doesnt do it for me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:37 am 

What's the cam? If it's a big solid roller, there are only two stud mount rockers I will run; Crower stainless, and if I have to, Comp stainless. From what I have been finding online, those Elgin rockers are made in China. That may or may not be true, but given the price of them, I would lean towards it being true.
I've run my share of chinese made stuff and probably will continue to do so, but man, if a rocker arm comes apart on ya, all grades of bad things can happen.
To me that's not the place to try and save money. But that's just me, I'm sure others will disagree and tell me how brand "x" is perfectly fine.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:04 pm 

I've used some of the old Competition Cams stainless rockers on a Big Ford before and while I never had any trouble with the rocker arms themselves I did have trouble with the trunions and or the bearings in several. I had them on a 557 that was used in a monster truck. The rockers would look fine until you took them off of the engine. A little tiny piece of the trunion would be broken right where the poly lock would sit. All was well while they were on the engine but when the poly lock was removed the piece would fall out and this would release the needle bearings from that side of the rocker. From my understanding the Big Ford/Cleveland rocker used the same body as the Big Chevy version but on the Ford they used a trunion that was drilled offset to make the rocker fit slightly differently. I wonder if they do that on the Elgin?

Most reliable roller rockers for me? Yella Terra.