www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1562 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 157  Next
 Post subject: Re: Racing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:06 am 

Heading to the track today for a little door car racing.
Basically a post just so I can be the guy to have reply number 1500. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:39 pm 

We only got one time run, so I didnt fool around putting a new plug in before we ran.
The air was pretty good, the track was good, and man this SOB leaves hard. Rumor has it this particular track has their sixty foot clocks set at 58.5 feet. I dont know if that is true or not, but the car had it's best sixty foot ever right off the trailer. Then when I went red in the third round, it improved on it, and not by just a little.
Sixties were TT 1.290, 1st round, 1.290, second round, 1.298. Then they sprayed before third round, and it went 1.279.
It still slowed a touch as the day got warmer, but not like it had been doing. I might lean it out a little more. At this rate, I'm gonna be back down to the jetting it came with pretty soon.
It ran; TT 6.261, 6.275, 6.283 (dropping not quite one full mph in the lights), then 6.266.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:59 pm 

>Basically a post just so I can be the guy to have reply number 1500. LOL

High five, well done!

We're running our "Spooktacular" this weekend so we'll be out there Friday through Sunday. The weather looks to be completely different each day. I have also been challenged by the wife to fit truck, race trailer, race car and RV trailer into the same 20x60' parking slot. I'll post pics lol.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:41 pm 

They've cancelled tomorrow's race. There is 100% chance of rain tomorrow night. Saturday is still looking good though.
It's Galot's annual Halloween race; twin 10k for Top. I'm going to go saturday, but not sunday. I really think I'm gonna double enter saturday.
I leaned it out a touch more tonight, so hopefully that will help the slow down issue in the middle of the day. I dont mind if it does it a little, as long as I can figure out how much it's going to fall off. This 4 numbers at a crack BS wont cut it though.
Oh, I noticed in my log book that I reported my sixty foot times incorrectly from last week.
That track goes down to the fourth decimal point which confused my old brain when I went to report it here. My first 3 passes were; 1.2901, 1.2901, 1.2908 (not 1.298 like I reported initially.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:26 am 

You need to work on those shocks and air pressure, .0008 variance is just unacceptable. :lol:

We laugh, then go to one of the 10K races and watch people print .002, .004, .006 package tickets and then wonder if the fish are biting. Old Dallas Raceway had a good sized pond and when people would get knocked out, they'd be down at the pond fishing.

This is what I-30 in Dallas running on top of our #5 Spooktacular -

https://www.facebook.com/10082958852080 ... 387974524/

So I don't expect anybody from DFW to pull out here.

Weather f-cast stays crazy. Air should be really good, can't wait to see the baro. Right now it's 57 and the DA is 1984' which is killer air for us. The track elevation is just 1719' MSL. N wind tomorrow high 74, south wind Saturday high 84, maybe 82 and wind both ways on Sunday. Zero rain chances so great racing weather. It'll be around 65 when they call Dial for $ Sunday morning so that will be a total crapshoot. Hope something Friday night correlates in the computer. I'm taking one trailer to the track tonight, but maybe late because we're under a wind advisory - N wind gusts to 40~50 MPH this afternoon. There's access road all the way from here to there, if it's still blowing tonight I'll just take the side road all the way. I've been whacked with high winds in a storm front with that trailer and 40+ from the side is white knuckle oh shit driving.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:50 am 

What little experience I have with it, pulling a box in strong winds SUCKS!

Here's our gig for the weekend.
Saturday is showing a high of 65* and mostly sunny. Should be a good go fast day.

https://www.facebook.com/GALOTMotorspor ... 8777193557

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:59 pm 

Pretty good payout there for the entry fees. Here's ours - not bad usually and we should pull plenty from west Texas, panhandle, NM, etc. It's another 3 hours+ from here to I-30 dragway. My flyer design LOL, as lame as it may be.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:50 pm 

That was a short night.
First, good lord, all the cars. They originally going to allow double entries, but they had so many cars show up, they decided they could never got the race done if there were doubles. There were 250 Top cars, 150 footbrake cars, and 75 jr dragsters.
Our time run, the car ran a touch slower than I expected, and the mph was down a little (6.288 @ 106.7). We did have a pretty good head wind so that may have played in to it. The EGT went up a little more than I cared for. Since my jet kit came with them in .004 increments, I didnt have anything between what I had in it last week, and what I put in it for this week. So, I decided to fatten it up a tiny little bit with the high speed air bleeds. I changed them, stuck a 6.28 on the window, and went up for first round. I had the better bulb, got to the finish line, dropped one mph and went 6.304 taking .003 MOV. EGT came down 20*. Went back up for second round, stuck a 6.29 on it. Let go of the button, it felt good, felt good when it left, got to the stripe and could tell it was gonna be close, and at the last split second I dropped, but only killed half a mph. Looked at the scoreboard, 6.292, but no win light. What the hell?!?!? I must of been late. Crap. All the way to the ticket booth "I must have been late." Got my slip, the first thing I looked at was my light; .003. Wait? .003 and dead 2 is a 5 pack, how the hell did I lose? Look at his side; .002 dead zero. Sonofabitch.
I did everything right, just lined up with the wrong dude in the other lane.
I think the car is pretty good right now. No one is racing next weekend, so I need to change the oil, check over header bolts, do some little stuff like that before the last couple of races.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:49 pm 

I got in 8 passes, so that worked out to around $33.50/pass for the weekend. I did win the 1st round on Saturday. Turned on the wrong switch 2nd round and had no air shifter. Turned on the right switch 3rd round and had no air shifter - bottle was empty. WTF? Sunday .02 under on Dial-4-$, lost first round - late to his .012. Lost 2nd round, took .03 and was .012 under.

However, it was a great weather weekend and the track had a good turnout. 42 in footbrake and 80 something in Super Pro. We used the new RV and crammed all but on truck in our pit space.

On another Ford note - wife had been considering that we would need an updated truck to pull the RV. We stopped by the local dealer on Monday since we had the day off. Just to see. Yea - the 2004 is gone, replaced with a 2021 XLT twin turbo 3.5 Ecoboost, 360 cams, that Pro Trailer backup/control system, etc. Rapid Red and just a hair longer than the old Super Crew. Very nice truck. We also looked at a F-250 but it sold for $4000 over sticker while we were standing there. They had 6 F-150s. We paid "only" $1000 over sticker. Got $4K for the 2004, dents and insurance claim and all. Is what it is, momma's big happy. And - it's 100% in her name, I drove it once and mostly sat in the back seat while her and the same guy talked the tech. It's way high tech with the new Sync 4 system. Makes my 2020 seem like it's 5 years old instead of last years model.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:05 pm 

Nice truck.
I really like the 3.5 Ecoboost that is in my truck. And since it's several years older, I am sure the one in your wife's truck has more power and probably gets better mileage. We got right at 19 when we went to the mountains a couple of weeks ago. I didnt think that was too bad. It was 5 mpg better than my Lightning would have gotten, in a much more comfortable, and roomy, truck. I would not be surprised if my truck was 2 wheel drive instead of 4 wheel drive, if it would not get another 2 mpg.

No racing this weekend. Next race is Thursday, the door car race a local track runs called "outlaw doorslammer." It is normally used as filler for the local pro mod class, but they already ran them last weekend due to a rain out last Thursday. Since it is a points class and pays money at the end of the year, they rescheduled the race for this upcoming Thursday.
I'm going to get the oil changed, get my shut off valve installed, and resist the urge to screw with anything else. LOL
I really need to change the oil in the dually too. I guess now is probably as good of a time as any since Tractor Supply has T6 gallon jugs on sale for 20 bucks each. Might just stick it in the racecar too.

On a side note, I've been watching some bracket racing videos on youtube, and a couple of the guys I have started following run at Xtreme. Looks like a pretty nice facility based on the in car videos they show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1562 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 157  Next