www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1017 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 102  Next
 Post subject: Re: Racing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:12 pm 

Falcon67
At that price range, looks like I see a Godzilla big block in your near future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:44 am 

booyah45828 wrote:
Falcon67 wrote:
We're pricing a new 2020 Super Duty - at $50K+, it better drive like a limo LOL

It will ride great unloaded. The problem is that on the newer trucks they have the spring rate so light in the rear for rider comfort that it drops several inches when loaded heavy. So either plan on investing in a set of helper air bags, or get used to people flashing their brights at you while driving.

I'll keep and eye on that, but a 350 DRW crew 7.3L gas, 4.30 gear with 20K capacity should be able to work with 1600~1800 tongue weight and equalizer bars pretty easy. On the F-150, for sure - they are way too light in the tail for a 34' x 8' tall trailer @ 12,000 loaded. Have a meeting with the local dealer fleet manager today to see how the numbers work. The base trucks are easy to config, it's the interior that will drive pricing. Wife is short and needs more than the basic seat if she is to be able to drive the thing safely. All I need is the box link bed hookups, cloth seats, a console, running boards (they are pretty tall even for me LOL) and maybe the aluminum wheels.

As I've said before - the big issue is that we have to order a truck if we do it. There are zero 4x2 F-350 crew DRW gas trucks at any dealer within 500 miles. Everything is diesel 4x4. Just the 2020 diesel upcharge adds $10,500 on the order sheet or sticker.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:27 pm 

nova467spanker wrote:
DeathWobble

every time i see your user name i grin. you must have had or still have a F250. That deathwobble crap aint no joke and feels down right scary :o

Matt

Someone else mentioned that problem too, it's amazing to me that the DOT didn't come down on Ford for that.

I went with DeathWobble because 'BumpSteer' wasn't metal enough. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:16 pm 

DeathWobble

not metal enough like DethKlok?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:26 am 

Looks like it's going to cost us $53K to find out all about F-350 handling LOL. Fleet did a search, there are no - zero - 4x2 XLT F-350 DRW trucks at any dealer in the USA. SO we'd be ordering a true custom, a real one of one. Be worth $$$,$$$ at B-J one of these days. :lol: Maybe keep it clean and take it to Pebble Beach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:44 pm 

Falcon67 wrote:
Looks like it's going to cost us $53K to find out all about F-350 handling LOL. Fleet did a search, there are no - zero - 4x2 XLT F-350 DRW trucks at any dealer in the USA. SO we'd be ordering a true custom, a real one of one.

Gas or in general?
Ours is a 4x2 and I would never buy a 4x4 for what we do with it. If you were talking in general, it's just one more reason I wont get rid of my truck.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 am 

I imagine that's just because of the options. Most of the time the 4x2 trucks are used for fleet and business service, and those guys are going to go for the cheaper models.

All the ones near me are the xl model and are painted white.

They have your options though being quad cab, 7.3 gas, auto trans, 4x2 DRW, 4.30 limited slip rear axle, MSRP $53,595.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:08 am 

Yes, fleet is different I'd imagine. The fleet manager ran a nationwide search after we configed the truck and there are zero 4x2 gas F-350 DRWs in the USA on any dealer lot. They just received a few F-250 gas trucks SRW, so those are around. SRW and 250 is too light for what we're doing as we're easy 11,500 lbs or better. One of the regular sales kids first tried to steer me at an 13.5K tow F-150. Took the time to inform him that yea, they can pull but the F-150 is way too light in the ass end for a big trailer. Never mind the guy that comes to the track pulling a stacker with a Chevy C2500.

The 7.3L 3.73 gear is rated at 16,000 and I'm adding the camper package to get a bit heavier spring and a rear sway bar. Was going to go white, now leaning toward Race Red with camel interior and the XLT premium package. Should be a nice truck when we get it. Going Saturday to find out what the hit is on trading the new Escape.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:10 pm 

I can believe all of that. Some people have no business being in sales at a car dealer.

Here's what I found 50 miles from me fwiw.
https://shop.ford.com/inventory/superdu ... r=Distance

The build sticker shows it has the camper package.
https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.co ... QvJIuN8%3D

Not sure the difference between xl and xlt models. But if I was paying 50K for a truck, it's going to have every detail I want on it, down to the white lettered tires.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:28 am 

>Not sure the difference between xl and xlt models.
About $4500 lol. And a bunch of stuff. It includes the Power Equip and a lot of things in the STX package. You really have to mess with the options packages to see if you are getting what you think. It's tricky - The $395 customer mounted trailer cam looks inexpensive and works with the Sync 3 system. Adding that option though forces the $1600 Ultimate Trailer Tow. Same with the XL - price a base XL and add the Ultimate Trailer Tow and instead of $1600, it forces total options in the amount of $5000.

The best pile of options so far are an XLT with the XLT Premium package. Forces aluminum wheels for $600 but puts in decent cloth seats with heat and power tow mirrors, Box Link, SYnc 3 and such. The console front with buckets is a $960 add, but with the Premium Package it drops to $300 and adds heat and 8 way driver/2 way passenger and movable pedals. The 8 way is important for my wife to drive it as she is short and has to raise the seat to see well. Having Sync 3 lets you hook up a phone (We use Android Auto) and run Google maps instead of paying $580 for onboard nav.

I asked for clarification yesterday - notes on the Camper Package say the sway bar doesn't come on the DRW models. So - ?? still out on that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1017 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 102  Next