www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sun May 22, 2022 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:46 am 

Thinking about where to move - in a couple of years - from the AFD out of production - to something sustainable. Looked at Trick Flow heads but looks like they are not going to produce the Track Heat intakes - ? "Not Available". Not so much out of stock as we ain't doing this. TFS-51600111

Looks like it'll be Scott Cook or CHI or nothing here pretty soon.

Anybody make a 9.2 deck big single plane for W heads? Yeesh.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:30 am 

C heads or W heads?

High rise, W heads, on a 9.2 Block? Maybe an FMS piece might still be laying around, but I got a feeling all that stuff would be from the 90's. You might find an edelbrock part out there NOS, but I doubt you'll find anything new and still in production.

C heads, as you've found, seem to be limited to CHI or scott cook.

Or you could look at procomp :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:48 pm 

Falcon67

Basically everything is on back order because of the china virus. Trick Flow, CHI, Edelbrock, Dart, Brodix - basically everyone! Eric Weingartner ordered his Brodix Hammerhead sbf heads Nov 2020 and he just got them in April 2021. Your gonna have to wait - fickin sucks! Actually, when I bought my TF heads in 2012 I had the same problem. Back ordered for 4 months. Trick Flow said it was due to lack of quality aluminium. china virus just fucked everything this time.

I do see Summit took the TF intakes off their web site though. I wonder if they did that because they are tired of taking orders for them and having to tell people not till September - that was the last date I saw they will be available.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 pm 

I figured that - the oil pan for the Dart block is now "expected" 5/31, which is the 4th month the date has been pushed back. It'll get here eventually. Past the delivery issues, it seems that there are very few potential intakes for the 9.2 combo - backorder or not. The TF intake may or may not line up enough to work, no Funnelwebs, AFD out of business, CHI specific to their heads, Edelbrock has had Victor parts in the past but don't seem to even be in the current catalog, a whole other issue than being out of stock.

Looks more and more that the 385 engine is the way to go, or big inch W 9.5 deck type builds.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:32 pm 

Falcon67

Or a sheet metal intake.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:44 am 

Yea, that would do it LOL

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:05 am 

Falcon67 wrote:
Looks more and more that the 385 engine is the way to go, or big inch W 9.5 deck type builds.

My brother in law built a 454 inch W for his car a couple of years ago.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:55 am 

Quote:
My brother in law built a 454 inch W for his car a couple of years ago.

That's what I want to do. I'm guessing we will probably never get an new iron Cleveland block that will be in the Dart price range so I want to build a 454-464 Clevor. I'm anxious to see how the 464 Brent is building right now turns out. Most likely I will use my Trick Flow heads mainly because I already have them. Solid roller cam, thing will probably be pretty fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:38 pm 

Yes. My main worry is that I ordered a 9.2 instead of a 9.5 - that may become an obsolete combo. Unless Ed starts production of their Victor 9.2, then I could switch to Victor/AFR/Brodex/etc, etc.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:03 pm 

For me to do a 454+ small block I believe I will have to have a 9.5 deck. That sucks because of the shock towers in the Cougar. I already had fun finding headers with the raised exhaust ports on my TF heads - I can imagine how not great headers will be with another .300 height. So my brain hurts on what to do. When I decide to put my 5000 stall in I will pull the engine/trans together. I will do oil pan upgrade at that point. Problem is, I DO NOT want shock towers any more. Bigger problem is these shock tower delete kits are $3000 and up now. Also, I can not put new oil pan until I figure out what delete kit to use. Some have rack in front or back. I found one kit for like $1600 or $1900 but I think that was an Ebay company but who knows about that quality. Speedway Motors also has some stuff.

That's what's rolling around in my head almost all day- how to delete the shock towers (structurally safe) so I can either get a 454+ 9.5 deck small block in or a big block in.