www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Racing
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:41 pm 

Falcon67
Man I dont know about you but we have just been under water here. We are suppose to get more rain on and off for the next 3 or 4 days. Hope it stays dry up there for you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:37 pm 

nova467spanker wrote:
First off, I am very happy you didnt burn up in your vehicle. Besides drowning, I think fire would be the worse to expire with.

Just to clarify, I wouldnt have burn up in it, but it could have burned to the ground pretty easily. After my catastrophe of a time run, I had fired my generator back up (it lives in the back of my dually), plugged my charger in and turned my attention to the car. I got the hood off, set it down, and about then the generator started to surge real bad. By time I got to the truck to see what was going on the generator had died. Right away I saw gas was pouring out of the generator. I jumped up in to the back of the truck and shut the fuel valve off as quick as I could. It had been leaking awhile before the fuel line broke (I discovered that was the cause the next day once I actually looked at it), and it had leaked about a gallon and a half of gas in to the back of my truck. Now why that is important is, the truck wasnt sitting level, and it has one of those god awful plastic bedliners in it, so the gas was all pooled up on one side. Since I had fought with trying to get the car to run right as soon as I unloaded it, and it had just gone a blistering 8.22 on my one and only time run for the day, as soon as I saw the leaking generator I decided right away I wasnt going to fight with both the car and the generator, so I called it a day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:49 am 

nova467spanker wrote:
Falcon67
Man I dont know about you but we have just been under water here. We are suppose to get more rain on and off for the next 3 or 4 days. Hope it stays dry up there for you.

Light rain today and tomorrow, my worry is 35F Friday night/Saturday morning with a high fcast of on 55F. And that's after two days of 35-55 with cloud cover so the track will be ice cold IMHO. Sunday looks to be 66 but evening may have rain/drizzle and another low of 38. IMHO we ought to call it and hope to run at Thanksgiving. Still waiting on the track owner & manager to decide.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:09 pm 

Falcon67 wrote:
nova467spanker wrote:
Falcon67

Light rain today and tomorrow, my worry is 35F Friday night/Saturday morning with a high fcast of on 55F. And that's after two days of 35-55 with cloud cover so the track will be ice cold IMHO. Sunday looks to be 66 but evening may have rain/drizzle and another low of 38. IMHO we ought to call it and hope to run at Thanksgiving. Still waiting on the track owner & manager to decide.

I thought it was supposed to be warm in texas? That sounds like the same forecast I have here in ohio.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:59 pm 

we have everyone's weather year round.That's the problem here, its to unpredictable. Yesterday will be shiny and 65 degrees, then today will be snowing and tomorrow 75 degrees - and raining like a hurricane. And usually the crap weather is always on the days you want to race.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:48 pm 

They're already talking about pulling the plug for saturday's race. It's supposed to be 55* and sunny saturday day, but the forecasted low for saturday night is 25*.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:27 pm 

We're done - called it today. Sun may be out Saturday and Sunday but overnight Friday the prediction is approaching 32. We can park a lot of trailers in the area off the pavement at the track. It's a nice area and well kept but mandated by the city as a runoff area. Even after no rain in the last 8 days, they are still pumping water out. And it's raining all day today, so that's that. Maybe we'll run at Thanksgiving. Maybe - 4th grandchild due 11/23. More worried now about keeping the trailer water system from freezing and maybe wrapping the motor with a heating pad.

This area of Texas same - it was 82 on Tuesday, wet and cold today, frost warning for Saturday morning, freeze maybe Monday night. First frost average is 3rd week of November here so we're early.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:28 pm 

They pulled the plug on this weekend pretty early this morning.
They cited the reason for it as it is supposed to get down to 25* tomorrow night. Myself and a lot of other racers are wondering since they are starting time runs at 10 am, why not give one time run then go racing? They would be done before 8 pm, and it wont be that cold yet. But sadly in this day and age, especially around here, tracks just look for an excuse to cancel.
That means next weekend (if this other track doesnt pull the plug as well), I will be making one time run after paying a high entry fee on a car that hasnt been down the track cleanly yet since the induction swap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 am 

We call because with an all concrete track if it gets close or below 50F it gets sketchy real quick. Especially for the quick Super dragsters on the top end. Fairly nice yesterday, we could have run but it would have been a late start and sun didn't come out until after noon. Hard for people to get home at a reasonable hour if we ran late. Today - wet, 36F and falling, possible snow flakes by lunch. No sticking but possible ice on overpasses in the morning. Farmer's Almanac says wet and cold winter for us - so far the farmer's apparently know more than the weather people.

Winterized the trailer and bought a Snuggie for the dragster. ;)

Attachments:
Snuggie.jpg
Snuggie.jpg [ 206.09 KiB | Viewed 107 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:37 pm 

Well it looks like tomorrow's race is a go. At least as of right now. LOL
We've gotten a lot of rain this week, over 5 inches to be exact, and it's supposed to get in to the low 30's tonight as well as tomorrow night. But the forecast for tomorrow looks decent; mostly sunny with a high of 54*. For anyone with hours and hours to kill, time runs start tomorrow (Friday) at (edit; they are saying expect a late start, like around 11:00 due to the cold and wet weather today) eastern, and the entire race will be broadcast live here ; http://www.motormaniatv.com
At the top of the screen will be a tab for "American Doorslammer Nationals", that's the race I will be attempting to run. LOL Those folks at MotorMania do a really good job broadcasting these events. Their camera coverage is really good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next