www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1017 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 102  Next
 Post subject: Re: Racing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:19 pm 

Man I'm glad we bought our truck when we did. It sure sounds like it would be easy to get overwhelmed or snowballed with expense on options now.

Our truck is a 2004 Lariat. Because it's a Lariat, it has every option that was available that year; power and heat leather seats, adjustable pedals, sunroof, electric sliding rear window, etc. We bought the truck in June of 2005, and it had 10k miles on the odometer. A diesel with 10k on it isn't even broken in yet. We paid 31K for it and that included them installing the ball in the bed for the gooseneck trailer (it's one of those hitches where the ball will sink down flush with the box when not in use so it's out of the way.) The window sticker was folded up in the glove box and showed an asking price of just under $46k new.
I do wish our truck wasn't white with the bronze or whatever color they call it along the bottom. I would have preferred blue or something, but hey, it is what it is, and it's a pulling MF'er that's paid for. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:25 pm 

nova467spanker wrote:
DeathWobble

not metal enough like DethKlok?

Having Googled that, I don't think anything's metal enough for DethKlok. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:43 am 

Sounds like a nice truck for sure. As a comparison, there is a white 2019 Lariat diesel on the lot. Sticker is $71,725. Web says discounted to $64,704. The black one is $74K, discount to $67K. The 2019 white Platinum is 80K. I know there is a 2020 on the lot but it's not listed on the web inventory. 2020s are still coming in.

We should pull the trigger this week, going to talk rates with the credit union today. Put the word in the street about the 93 being for sale to see what I can turn up. The new withholding and tax table plus a big distribution will make tax time painful next year. However may just do it again and pay the truck off. People winch about using "retirement money" for such things. I've see our potential Social Security draw and sure, I'd like to retire, eat beans with day old bread and make a $800/mth car payment until I'm 70 - not. That SS money is for goin' racing, dammit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 am 

"That SS money is for goin' racing, dammit."

Now that's the greatest use of SS money I ever heard of!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:40 pm 

Im convinced I want to have this to carry my car. Eliminate the trailer. Now I just need to find the money and a place to put it :ugeek: But not ugly ass red though

https://www.autabuy.com/details/?VID=64 ... gn=Premium

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:11 pm 

We're ordering a Race Red truck with camel interior, so be nice about red paint there. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:44 am 

Falcon67
to each their own my brotha. I just prefer not having a pink truck after 5 years :shock:
yellow looks nice but it turns to white and is impossible to color match if someone decides their paint looks good on your ride. Im boring, i just stick with a good ol white truck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:30 am 

LOL - our F150 is red and it's still red after 15 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:17 am 

Clear coat paints dont fade like the old single stage paints used to. And color matching paint seems to be an art shops are either really good at, or they couldn't get right if the paint came from the same gallon. Hell, the front bumper on my Mustang (which I am sure was all painted the same time before they installed it), doesnt match all the way across. The top by the hood is a slightly different shade than the sides by the fenders.

I wouldn't take a Ram truck if someone gave it to me. A neighbor who runs a towing service says he tows more Rams than Fords and Chevys combined.

I actually kicked around the idea of trading my Mustang in on a new Ranger. But it doesnt look like I could do that and keep my payment the same or get it to be less, so I've scrapped that idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:42 pm 

I hate to say it, but I own a 2018 RAM 1500.

I went to two different Ford dealers on the same day and neither one of them wanted to deal. Back in the day, after I graduated from college, I sold cars/trucks for a Ford dealer, so I know the tactics. I'm usually in and out pretty quick. Unfortunately, the Ford guys know that they don't have to take a hit on the asking price because the trucks will sell one way or the other.

After I hit the two Ford dealers, I hit a Dodge dealer and they were more than willing to deal.

My RAM is basically bare bones, but even on a base model, it's well equipped. It will haul a couple of engines and gets 23-24 mpg consistently, so that's about all I can ask for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1017 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 102  Next