www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New from Bama
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:07 pm 

It's been a long time since I've been on a forum so it's nice to be back on one. I'm from Fultondale Alabama. Outskirts of Birmingham. Been racing since I was 13 years old. Started out racing a 75 Mustang 2. Which I still own to this day. It's not running at the moment but I still have the car. I've got a ton of projects that I need to finish. I'm trying to do them one at a time now. Just got a 79 Fairmont running. It's a SBE 302, gt40 heads, f303 cam, torker intake, 3.73s, 5 speed car. It's a driver. It's going to get the jug sooner or later. I've got an 83 mustang. It's been running and racing for over 20 years. It's a 306, b303 cam, 1.72 RRs, old school trick flows (the first castings they ever made. Ped mount heads) Victor Jr intake, 750 cfm carb and a 125 shot. Just added the Nitrous and need to work it out. I have a 351 Cleveland that I built years ago that I'm thinking about swapping into this mustang. The car now runs 7.70s to 8.0s all motor and high 6s to 7.0s on spray. I want the car faster. I know I can swap out the cam, pill it for more Nitrous, turbo it, etc. But I've got this Cleveland sitting there so I thought about using it. I meet Matt (Nova467Spanker) and he told me about this forum so here I am. Haha. It's nice to be here.

The Cleveland has been built for years. It has TRW flat top pistons, ported 4v Boss heads closed chamber, O-Ringed block, copper head gaskets, 585 lift cam, torker intake, 850cfm carburetor. It's set up for a fox mustang and it was in one years ago as well. It had a smaller cam, stock manifolds, stock cast intake, 750dp carb, with the wrong head gaskets and it ran 8.0s to 8.20s in a full body mustang. We pulled it because we couldn't figure out what was causing water in the oil and oil in the water. Then we found out it has O-Ringed block and you had to have special head gaskets but we never ran it since. Just been changing up parts.

If I pull the 306 I can drop it in the 90 LTD race car that my son is racing or fixing to race. It's a gutted up 90 LTD. It's a sleeper. They weigh stock about 3700-3800lbs. This car weighs 3089 on the scales without driver. We've cut more since then. My plans are under 3000 without driver.

Sorry for the long post. Haha.

Post subject: Re: New from Bama
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:24 pm 

Glad to see you made it. If your into Clevelands, you will not be disappointed. Everyone on this forum are professional good ol boys, we don't spread the hate. Quite a few of professional engine builders here. Alot of us have know each other on this site for years now and go by a first name basis. Your welcome to let everyone know your name or use your user name.
-Matt

Post subject: Re: New from Bama
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:10 am 

Welcome aboard.
You sound like me, a ton of projects to work on. But unlike me, I dont ever seem to get anything finished. LOL
I still have my Mustang I got when I was 17, but it hasnt run in several years either. One of these days I hope to get it back on the road.