www.the351cforum.com

ALL things related to the Ford 351C
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 am 

DragBoss
Man I know what you mean about the girls and the garage. I have two girls also but they are 14 and 10. When they were younger they loved to help me more but not any more. I have tried to get my wife to also but there is not much interest. I actually bought a 88 Mustang GT for her a few years ago and was gonna build a little fun car for her so she can feel the thrill. I was gonna put my 362 Cleveland and C4 with the 2500 stall in it. Its the set up before I put whats in it now. Best time with that set up was a 12.75@106. I figured it would easily run 12.3-12.5 and would be plenty fun. Nope, she did want it so the car just sits at my stepdads.

As for the Dart deal. Its a money thing for sure. The Track Boss or the Iron Cleveland would be great but just to much for me. Is it worth the price, yes but I cant race enough to justify that much just for a block. Truth be told I am a die hard Cleveland fan. In actuality if I ever replace the 359 in my car now, It will be a BBF. I know it will suck to cut the shock towers etc... but I can build a 900hp BBF for less than a Track Boss or Dart block build will cost at the same power levels.

I really hope you hit your 850hp goal man. I really cant wait to hear it on the dyno and to see you go 9.20-9.30's at the track. With 850hp you should be there. My buddy's full interior '67 Mustang has a 545 n/a with 900hp at the crank and ran 5.8 off the trailer with no tuning first pass-new engine. That's a 9.05 or so 1/4. I cant wait to see your wife degree the cam. I will show my wife that video and be like - see you need to do stuff like this :D

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:14 am 

I have no doubt 850HP will be made. And thankfully, it will be with a cleveland block that can handle it without having to be treated like a grenade with the pin pulled.

I have 2 virgin blocks in the loft yet. I'm thinking they'll be fine for the hot street setup I have planned for it. Might even do a half fill of hardblock to be sure. But if I'd ever need a better block, trackboss would be it. The heads are what makes a cleveland, but it doesn't feel right to me throwing a set of them on a windsor bottom.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:40 pm 

nova467spanker wrote:
DragBoss
Man I know what you mean about the girls and the garage. I have two girls also but they are 14 and 10. When they were younger they loved to help me more but not any more. I have tried to get my wife to also but there is not much interest. I actually bought a 88 Mustang GT for her a few years ago and was gonna build a little fun car for her so she can feel the thrill. I was gonna put my 362 Cleveland and C4 with the 2500 stall in it. Its the set up before I put whats in it now. Best time with that set up was a 12.75@106. I figured it would easily run 12.3-12.5 and would be plenty fun. Nope, she did want it so the car just sits at my stepdads.

As for the Dart deal. Its a money thing for sure. The Track Boss or the Iron Cleveland would be great but just to much for me. Is it worth the price, yes but I cant race enough to justify that much just for a block. Truth be told I am a die hard Cleveland fan. In actuality if I ever replace the 359 in my car now, It will be a BBF. I know it will suck to cut the shock towers etc... but I can build a 900hp BBF for less than a Track Boss or Dart block build will cost at the same power levels.

I really hope you hit your 850hp goal man. I really cant wait to hear it on the dyno and to see you go 9.20-9.30's at the track. With 850hp you should be there. My buddy's full interior '67 Mustang has a 545 n/a with 900hp at the crank and ran 5.8 off the trailer with no tuning first pass-new engine. That's a 9.05 or so 1/4. I cant wait to see your wife degree the cam. I will show my wife that video and be like - see you need to do stuff like this :D

Thanks Matt. I would think that she would be all over that, but girls are girls, sometimes they like car stuff, sometimes they don't. My wife on the other hand is getting into it, and I hope we can do things car related together more. I understand exactly what your saying about the cost. I don't even come close to racing that much either, but the TRackboss is part of my big plan. To be honest with you, my old 385 C was best motor I ever had, did nothing but maintenance, for 5 years, until the block gave up the ghost. That makes racing fun, and cheap. I will keep my plan rolling, so stay tuned...

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:53 pm 

booyah45828 wrote:
I have no doubt 850HP will be made. And thankfully, it will be with a cleveland block that can handle it without having to be treated like a grenade with the pin pulled.

I have 2 virgin blocks in the loft yet. I'm thinking they'll be fine for the hot street setup I have planned for it. Might even do a half fill of hardblock to be sure. But if I'd ever need a better block, trackboss would be it. The heads are what makes a cleveland, but it doesn't feel right to me throwing a set of them on a windsor bottom.

I have that goal in mind, and will continue to pursue it. I still have a few standard blocks, and an XE. I have been happy with them, with half fill, up to about 700hp, after that they just can't take too long of a beating. and the pin is pulled, but handle still held down, until it get tired, then boom. I also could never build a Clevor, as the block is also Cleveland, as well as the heads.